Take 5 — Touch Wood.
From the elegance of polished walnut to the humbleness of raw pine — wood is taking centre stage this year. Here our resident stylist, Sara Black, shares her five favourite winter essentials that go with the grain.
01. Tantalise your tastebuds with this set of sustainably sourced, Tasting Spoons. Smoothed with a food-safe coconut oil finish, take your pick from a variety of woods including coco, robles, madre de cacao and mahogany.
02. Bring a double dose of nature inside with the instantly recognisable L’Oiseau Wooden Bird by Vitra. Designed by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, this design classic is made of milled maple and sanded to the smoothest of finishes.
03. With the end of winter in sight, start thinking summer with our Ko Lanta Sun Loungers, meticulously hand-crafted from top-quality Kwila hardwood. Shaped to maximise relaxation, the cushioning uses soft Sunbrella fabric and oh-so-clever quick-drying outdoor foams to defy those pesky tropical downpours.
04. Reminiscent of the rings of a tree, the Round Table by Giorgetti is the ultra-modern way to introduce wood tones into your interior decor with a walnut canaletto wood veneer. Bellissimo.
05. Available in natural oak, ash, black and stained oak, create some indoor ambience with the beautifully cylindrical Lumberjack Candleholders by Normann Copenhagen.