Take 5 — Touch Wood.
From the elegance of polished walnut to the humbleness of raw pine — wood is taking center stage this year. Here our resident stylist, Sara Black, shares her five favorite summer essentials that go with the grain.
01. Indulge in some al fresco entertaining with this set of sustainably sourced, Tasting Spoons. Smoothed with a food-safe coconut oil finish, take your pick from a variety of woods including coco, robles, madre de cacao and mahogany.
02. When work keeps you inside, add a double dose of nature with the instantly recognizable L’Oiseau Wooden Bird by Vitra. Designed by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, this design classic is made of milled maple and sanded to the smoothest of finishes.
03. Make the most of summer with our Ko Lanta Sun Loungers, meticulously hand-crafted from top-quality Kwila hardwood. Shaped to maximize relaxation, the cushioning uses soft Sunbrella fabric and oh-so-clever quick-drying outdoor foams to defy those pesky tropical downpours.
04. Reminiscent of the rings of a tree, the Round Table by Giorgetti is the ultra-modern way to introduce wood tones into your interior décor with a walnut canaletto wood veneer. Bellissimo.
05. Available in natural oak, ash, black and stained oak, create some outdoor ambience with the beautifully cylindrical Lumberjack Candleholders by Normann Copenhagen.